Call us today for your free consultation (613) 730-8460

Published September 21, 2018

A Quebec resident who is the victim of an accident outside of Quebec also has the right to take direct legal action against the person liable for the accident under the laws of Ontario.

If the victim has received compensation from the SAAQ, this recourse will only be valid for the excess amount. SAAQ is legally subrogated to the victim’s rights only up to the amount of the indemnity paid. The tort law of Ontario will be applicable in this case.

The victim can receive compensation for additional medical and rehabilitation expenses not covered by SAAQ, pain and suffering, loss of income, loss of educational expenses and other expenses.

For additional information or review your claim for FREE, please contact MG Law Bilingual Legal Team.

Book your free consultation Book your free consultation
We're here to help
Book your free consultation

Our team communicates in Russian, French, English or Arabic, so you feel more comfortable with our representation.