Looking for lawyers in Ottawa? Meet the MG Law team
Miryam Gorelashvili, LL.B
Personal Injury Lawyer
I am the founder of MG Law and my practice is restricted to clients who suffer from serious and catastrophic life-changing injuries or death. Over the years I’ve handled many claims involving neurotrauma, spinal cord injuries, and other severe post-trauma medical conditions.
I’ve obtained millions in compensation for my injured clients. Additionally, I was successful in getting numerous catastrophic designations for my clients through their Statutory Accident Benefits insurer.
I don’t share a “one size fits all” attitude towards personal injury claims. I believe that each client’s case is unique and requires careful consideration. For every client, I tailor my approach based on the person’s academic, employment, and cultural background.
In order to assist my clients better, I assembled a multilingual MG Law team that speaks English, French, Mandarin, Russian, and all Arabic dialects.
I am also involved in various community organizations and possess the following legal accreditations:
- Bachelor of Laws, LL.B. (University of Ottawa)
- Bachelor of Arts, Law Major (Carleton University)
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- WTLC Chair at the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- Member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- Member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association (CCLA)
MG Law is actively involved in a number of community organizations and proudly sponsors:
- Brain Injury Awareness Day, Vista Annual Brain Injury Conference
- Brain Injury Canada National Conference
- Chocolate Gala for the Ottawa Distress Centre
- Bike to Ottawa, City of Ottawa
- National Conference for the Ontario Personal Support Workers Association
Important steps to take when injured
It’s important to remember that injuries can take some time to present themselves. If you’ve been in a bad accident, it’s important to take these steps regardless of how you feel, as it may take a few days or weeks for the full extent of your injuries to become apparent.
Police reports are a valuable part of any court proceeding, so ensuring that the police have all the information you have available will reflect positively on your case.